A-list celebrities are so boring to me. When I got my Instagram I was so excited to follow big time celebrities like Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé, Kanye West, etc. Sadly, not only did I find that most of them do not have Instagram, but if they did have one they were incredibly boring. I found myself following small time actresses and stars on the rise. They are the people that have more personality, they have less to lose, and they still appreciate every fan they gain.
Anyway, I came across the Instagram of actress Lashontae Heckard.
I really like following her because she is silly, very pretty, and seems to have a positive attitude. You can follow her @Lashontae on Instagram.
She also talks a lot about fitness. I really appreciate her posts because even as fit as she appears she often discusses the trials she goes through to keep her body in shape. She gives a very human approach when discussing fitness. She even posts screen shot conversations between her and her trainer. “[you] sweating me dog” Very silly!
While scrolling through my Instagram feed one day I came across a 30 day challenge she posted. I decided to sign up! I instantly began receiving emails regarding the approaching challenge.
In an effort to increase efficiency and accountability they changed the challenge from 30 days to 21 days. They say that is takes 21 days to make something a habit. (right?)
Challenge Accepted: You will get a daily email by 5AM each day. It will include your exercise challenge and nutritional challenge.
- Complete each work out
- Finish the whole 21 DAYS
- Hold yourself accountable to following the rules
- No Alcohol. Liquor. Beer. Adult beverages. Whatever you want to call it. You must abstain.
- No Fried Foods. Yes, that includes Chik-Fil-A waffle fries and BK onion rings.
- No Fast Food. NONE.
- Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water (aka Life Juice) daily. (200 lb man will drink 100 oz. of water daily)
- Keep a daily food journal of everything that you eat.
- Commit to eating clean. Fit bodies are made in the kitchen (your diet is as important as your workout)
- Plan your meals and don’t make last minute decisions! Planning your meals in advance helps you commit to eating healthy.
*You get 3 cheat days for the entire Challenge. That means it’s probably best for you cheat once every 7 days. (Don’t take all 3 cheats at once!)
I recently loss about 10lbs. I would love to lose about 10 more. Anyone want to do this challenge with me?
You can sign up at http://www.mrshutupandtrain.com/30daycc. The challenge started yesterday, so it is not too late to register.
I’ll post pics of my before and after sometime next month.