As promised I wanted to update everyone on my weight loss progress. The last weight loss blog I posted was on September 19th. A month into my regimen I find myself content with my results so far, but I am not at all satisfied. I told you all I’d like to lose 10lbs in 3 months. I recorded my weight at 143lbs. I weighed myself this morning and I am 140lbs. I am super excited that I loss 3lbs because I was sitting at 145-143lbs for about 3 months. However, there is still lots of work to be done. If I go hard next month maybe I’ll meet my goal. We shall see.
Changes I have made since last blog:
- I try my best to eat every 2-3 hours. I have alarms set on my phone to remind me. Most of my meals include a protein, a whole grain, and a vegetable. (See Healthy Shopping Blog)
- Doing more intense cardio (Incline 6.0, Speed 5.5, 10 minutes)
- 2 work outs per day (weights and strength training in the AM/Intense cardio in the PM)
- Drink about 6 bottled waters per day
- No days off…well except for Fridays : )
My typical meals for the day:
- 7:30AM – Breakfast – Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk, 5 strawberries, 1 cup of blue berries, Soy and Whey protein, Ice (blend together for a breakfast smoothie), or 2 slices of Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon, 1 boiled egg, and 1 whole grain waffle with light Smart Balance flax oil seed butter, or 1 sliced strawberry, or 1 tbsp. of lite syrup. I normally choose 1 topping, not all 3.
- 10:30 AM – Brunch – Light Pepperidge Farms soft wheat bread (2 slices), Oscar Meyer sliced roasted turkey meat, 1tbsp mustard, Tostitos whole grain tortilla chips (12 chips), and 2 tbsp. of fresh hot salsa (Safeway brand).
- 1:30PM – Lunch – 1 cup Safeway brand steamed broccoli, 4 oz Eating Right chicken breast, 1/2 cup Mahatma Brown Rice
- 3:30PM – Snack – 100 calorie Yoplait Greek yogurt and Nature Valley granola bar, or 100 calorie pack snack and Quaker lower sugar oatmeal.
- 6:30PM – Dinner – Protein shake as listed above, or Fish (tilapia or salmon), Mixed salad with light Italian dressing, and Yams or broccoli
My goal is to get down to 130lbs. I am also looking to tone in my arms, legs, and butt. My arms have always been scrawny, so I am really working hard on my arms next month.
Ideally I’d like to be toned like the girl on the left. Her Instagram name is @missjoie. She does fitness videos and posts on Instagram all the time. You can follow her for some inspiration. The girl on the right is @jasmine_jaye if you are curious.
As promised here are my new running shoes that my mom bought me for my birthday. You can get them from Nike.com. They are the Nike Roshe. It is a pretty comfortable shoe. I think they come in all kinds of colors. I’m more of a modest person, so hot pink wouldn’t have been my first choice, but my mom has an eye for things like this. I think they are super cute. I also recommend the Nike Fly Knit shoe.
I’m still working and I’ll be sure to update every month until I am down to 130lbs. Even if it takes me more than 3 months. I’m determined to be fit and healthy. Abs are on my bucket list. I can’t wait to show them off. I will eventually do a post for before and after and do a stomach picture, but I am not ready for that just quite yet. I’ll clap when I’m impressed…