Maybe what I really need to do is start a food blog…not, but truth is I love to eat, and if I had to choose my last meal it would probably be between a crab cake or TACOSSSS!!! So here I am again writing another recipe. This one was given to me by my coworker, and of course – I tweaked it to make it my own.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1lb of skinless, boneless chicken breast, cube (120 calories/4 oz.)
- 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar (N/A)
- 1 lime, juiced (20 calories)
- 1tsp of sugar (15 calories)
- 1/2 tsp of salt (N/A)
- 1/2 tsp of pepper (N/A)
- 4 green onion stalks, chopped (20 calories)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (10 calories)
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped (2 calories)
- Small flour tortillas (170 calories/ 2 tortillas)
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese (100 calories/21g)
- 1/4 cup of salsa (10 calories/ 2 tbsps)
Here is how you make it:
- Take your cubed boneless chicken breast and sauté it in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- After the chicken is slightly browned, add your vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, chopped green onion, and chopped cilantro. Let it simmer until the chicken is cooked.
- Take another pan, heat the pan over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, slightly warm it, and then flip it to the other side to be warmed.
- Once all of your tortillas have been warmed, you can add the cilantro lime chicken to the tortillas, and top with Monterey Jack cheese, and salsa.
Two cilantro lime soft chicken tacos are about: 395 calories
The meal cost me about: $17.16
Note: I already had salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, sugar, and minced garlic at home
This meal will last me about 2 days.
Please send me pictures on Instagram (@ladylauraco) if you end up making it and loving it. Also if you’d like more recipes on the site, just let me know.