This will actually be one of the heavier recipes you’ll see featured on the blog. I usually go for simple, low calorie, and delicious, of course. This recipe is simple, HIGH CALORIE, and very delicious! As always you can make dietary modifications to any meal. You can cut calories by using a leaner meat, less seasoning, and wheat or vegetable pasta. You will notice in the featured recipe I went…the “fat” way. Check it out:
Here are the ingredients:
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 8 oz of uncooked penne pasta
Here is how you make it:
- Take your 3 boneless chicken breast and place them in the slow cooker.
- Add the Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, lemon pepper seasoning, pepper, salt, dried basil, butter, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and heavy cream.
- Turn the temperature on your slow cooker to “high”, place the lid on your slow cooker, and cook the above ingredients for 2.5 hours.
- After 2.5 hours, uncover your slow cooker, and begin shredding the chicken that is inside.
(If the chicken is not as tender as you’d like. You can leave it in the cooker for a little longer, or you could pull the chicken out, and shred on a cutting board, and place it back into the cooker.)
- You should have a broth-like consistency in the slow cooker, add the penne pasta.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker until the pasta becomes soft. This took me about another 45 minutes – 1 hour.
The meal cost me about: $30.00, served 2 people, and lasts for 2 days.
Please send me pictures on Instagram (@ladylauraco) if you recreate this recipe.